With performance and comfort in mind, 4x4 technology ensures that an Orbea Alma is the bike of choice when efficiency and speed are paramount.
The 4x4 design allows us to improve upon the stiffness and strength inherent in a typical front or rear triangle in order to maximize comfort as well as efficiency. We’ve modified the front and rear triangles by adding a short fourth member, essentially creating a quadrangle. Forces applied to our 4x4 design are mitigated by deflection at the joints. This small amount of flexure is part of the design, and it is what makes our hardtails so comfortable. All this comes with no decrease in torsional stiffness and resistance to your power input. Reach the finish line faster and fresher with 4x4.
We use Orbea Aluminum to build bicycles that blend strength, stiffness, and light weight in order to provide a great riding experience.
We carefully select the tubing for each of our alloy frames, and each tube is integrated into a frame with an intended purpose in mind. We manipulate our aluminum tubing in ways to increase strength and resistance to unwanted flex. We purposefully select tube diameters and wall thickness for each project, and we use hydroforming to create unique shapes. Many of our tubes are butted to reduce the wall thickness, in the middle of the tubes, away from the stress of the joints and the weld zones. This saves unnecessary weight. All of this is required to offer aluminum bikes that exceed your expectations.
Our XC Geometry creates bikes that are tuned for ultimate performance, where speed and efficiency are paramount.
Our XC Geometry is designed around going fast. Period. We adjust head tube angles to create bikes that balance razor sharp steering for twisty trails with stability for high speed descents. And since proper fore-aft balance and pedaling efficiency are important, we build our XC bikes with seat tube angles that ensure an optimum position on the bike. Short chainstays maintain a lively feel and offer effortless maneuverability on technical terrain no matter the wheel size. We’ve also reduced standover clearance so that you can feel comfortable about stepping off the pedals on uneven surfaces.
- Tapered Head Tube The Tapered Head Tube is the foundation that provides stiffness and stability for precise handling...
- Lifetime warranty Orbea provides a lifetime warranty on every frame. We have total confidence in our products.Our...
- Orbea Hand Painted We create beautiful bikes without ugly waste products by employing a finish process that relies on...
- Orbea Design We create bold products, and we set trends. We do this using the latest technology and with regard...
- Myo Options for colors, assemblies, sizes… we place a host of possibilities in your hands for the...