Get the whole information of Orbea Klasika Bilbao-Bizkaia in the next link LINK
Information and services.
How to get there.
Klasika review on-line
Orbea Klasika Bilbao-Bizkaia timing!
Here it is a link to get the timing for each participant who has completed the Orbea Klasika Bilbao-Bizkaia. You also have the option to see the time recorded for each at the Mountain Passes, such as, Balcony of Biscay, Nabarniz and Vivero. In the next link https://www.racechiparagon.com/resultados-orbea-klasika-bilbao-bizkaia-2019
Photos of the Orbea Klasika Bilbao-Bizkaia!
Want your own photos of the Orbea Klasika Bilbao-Bizkaia?
Photos of the Orbea Klasika Bilbao-Bizkaia taken by QuieroMisFotos can be seen by clicking on the following link:http://www.quieromisfotos.com/fotos/Evento-Deportivo/Cicloturistas/Klasika-Orbea-Bilbao-Bizkaia-2019
Search by name and surname to find your photos.
At these points you'll find medical and mechanical assistance.
Feeding service Orbea Klasika Bilbao-Bizkaia
1. Muxika Km. 30
2. Nabarniz Km. 57,3
3. Gernika Km. 87
4. Lezama Km.117
5. Artxanda Km.128
TIME KEEPING SERVICE
The ORBEA KLASIKA BILBAO-BIZKAIA organization has hired a time keeping service using disposable chips.
This service is external to the organization, but has shown us its proven efficacy and effectiveness.
Every cycling tourist is assigned a chip as soon as they complete their registration, and no deposit is required.
This chip is integrated in the bib so that at the start of the race, the timing clock detects it and starts to keep track of the rider’s time. This way, when the cyclist crosses the finish line, his/her final time is recorded.
The cycling tourist must be properly identified by the bib provided by the organization.
Over the course of the route, each participant can freely choose to participate in THREE timed climbs up to the mountain passes listed below. To be timed, riders must pass over the carpets prepared for this purpose at the start of the following mountain passes:
- BALCON DE BIZKAIA. Timing will start at 9:00 am. Timing starts at kilometer 34.Timing ends at kilometer 42.5 Timed climb of 8.5 kilometers.
Biscayans consider this to be a classic mountain pass. It’s a pass that can be climbed comfortably, without any great elevation changes.
- CLIMB TO NARBANIZ. At the start of the mountain pass. Timing will start at 9:35 am. Timing starts at race kilometer 52.9.Timing ends at kilometer 57.Timed climb of 4.1 kilometers.
Extremely difficult mountain pass with two 20% ramps. From the center of town, we start this short, yet difficult ascent, in which there are different sections. A first kilometer with percentages greater than 10% let us get warmed up and move on to the second kilometer in which we will find paved sections and ramps of nearly 20%. After passing the Narea neighborhood, we will tackle the last few meters in which we will have to give it all we’ve got left in order to make it to the top. From this moment on, downhill segments alternate with short, but very steep ramps until reaching the top in Nabarniz.
- EL VIVERO. At the start of the mountain pass in the town of Lezama. Timing will start at 12:15 PM. Timing starts at race kilometer 117. Timing ends at kilometer 121. Timed climb of 4 kilometers.
While not an extremely difficult mountain pass, the kilometers and the cumulative elevation gain make it seem like a special category mountain pass. The start of the mountain pass is located barely ten kilometers from the end of the stage, which makes the climb a bit easier to take.
NOTE: Time recording is voluntary, so any rider who does not wish to appear in any classification needs only cross over one of the carpets as a checkpoint.
OTHER MOUNTAIN PASSES IN THE STAGE.
In addition to the timed mountain passes, the stage will have three other passes of varying degrees of difficulty.
- The first of these mountain passes that participants will climb is the MORGA pass, also known as Aretxabalgane. This 4.2-kilometer mountain pass is not especially steep and its has 2 different parts, one between Goikolexea and Astoreka of less than 2 kilometers, and a second treeless 2-kilometer stretch with a slightly steeper slope, but one that never exceeds 7%.
- The fourth mountain pass in the stage is the RIGOITIA or ERREGOITI pass. Just over 6 kilometers long, it starts in the streets of Gernika, and while not very steep or with high percentage slopes, depending on the pace and after so many kilometers, it is capable of choking a rider or two.
- The next-to-the-last climb is to FIKA. It is a gentle 2-kilometer climb, but it will cause more than one cycling tourist to put their feet on the ground if they’re not using the right gear. A 30- or even a 32-tooth cog will go a long way to helping you make it to the top of the penultimate climb. We can call this mountain pass a single ramp with a slope that varies from 10% to 20%, and with different bridle paths that take us up between the trees until the last 300 meters to top this penultimate climb in terms of difficulty.
Mechanical assistance service
A great team of Orbea mechanics with vast experience in providing mechanical assistance at top competition sporting events will be in charge of the mechanical support at the Orbea Klasika Bilbao-Bizkaia.
Along the route, participants will find 4 set points for mechanical assistance in addition to a mobile mechanical assistance unit.
Health care service at the event
In the event of any emergency, we will have a Heath Care Service consisting of a team of ambulances, with their respective health care workers and doctors, ready to respond to any problem that might arise. There will also be a field hospital.
Participants on bicycles
The organization will have a group of cycling tourists who will participate in the event to ensure the safety of the rest of the participants, as well as compliance with the rules and regulations.
At the end of the race, all participants will have access to a dressing room with showers at a sports center next to the starting line.
Klasika Orbea Bilbao-Bizkaia will have a special area called ExpoSport. This space will be located right on Mt. Artxanda and will host different leading brands in the sector, offering a wide variety of products and services focused on the world of cycling to participants and spectators.
The hours for Expo Bike will be:
Friday, September 27 from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Saturday, September 28 from 6:30 am to 7:30 am.
AUXILIARY CARS AND SWEEPER CAR
In addition to mechanical assistance vehicles, the Klasika Orbea Bilbao-Bizkaia organization will also have other auxiliary vehicles to ensure the safety of the participants. These vehicles are not refreshment or mechanical assistance vehicles. They exclusively attend to those riders who have suffered an accident or have to abandon the race.
In order to provide the best assistance possible, the circuit of the Klasika Orbea Bilbao-Bizkaia has been divided into sectors. The auxiliary vehicles, divided into the different sectors, will ensure the well-being of the participants.
The system for picking up riders who must abandon the race is as follows:
1. Participants will use their mobile phones to call one of the help numbers that appear on the bib, indicating their bib number, location and reason for the call. Remember that it is mandatory to carry a mobile phone with you during the race.
2. The organization will contact the nearest vehicle, informing the participant of the approximate time when he/she will be picked up.
3. Depending on the schedule, kilometer and demand for the service, the vehicle will pick the participants up and take them to either a refreshment stand or the finish line. The meeting point will have warm clothes, food and beverages.
If there is no mobile phone coverage in the area where the participants decide to abandon the race, they must wait for the sweeper car to come by and pick them up. A large unit of auxiliary vehicles and motorcycles will circulate constantly to assist those who need help as soon as possible.
If any other vehicle or motorcycle belonging to the organization or the security forces locates the participant before the sweeper car, the pick-up process will be expedited by notifying the coordination center.