The cart is empty
Advanced Dynamics – Part Two
The riders of Luna Chix took the entire podium at Windham World Cup in New York. Catharine Pendrel ruled again on her new XC bike from Orbea, while Kateřina Nash and Georgia Gould rounded out the podium.
The American team sponsored by Orbea were the stars at round six of the Mountain Bike World Cup, held north of New York City. Catharine Pendrel overtook teammate Nash while sprinting to the line and Gould was only 10 seconds back.
The race was dominated by Gould right from the start; it was just bad luck that she could not take the first race of her career. A flat tire in her Alma 29er prevented her from doing so. Pendrel and Nash reeled their teammate in and fought for victory in an exciting sprint.
In the end, World Champ Pendrel overpowered the Czech racer, taking her third World Cup win this season. This was Pendrel’s second straight win – she had won in Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada – on the new full suspension XC bike from Orbea, the new solution created with the help of our Advanced Dynamics software. Have you seen the bike everyone is talking about?
Women’s race results
1. Catharine Pendrel (CAN) Luna Pro Team, 1:37:53
2. Kateřina Nash (CZE) Luna Pro Team at 0:01
3. Georgia Gould (USA) Luna Pro Team at 0:10
4. Marie-Hélène Prémont (CAN) Rocky Mountain at 1:03
5. Lea Davison (USA) Specialized Racing at 1:50
1. Catharine Pendrel (CAN) Luna Pro Team 1190
2. Kateřina Nash (CZE) Luna Pro Team 859
3. Gunn-Rita Dahle Flesjå (NOR) Multivan Merida Biking Team 798